late spoiler

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: late spoiler
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 18:40:16 -0600
I bought a 1980 type radiator a couple of years ago. I wanted MY Spifire to
have all the best parts, of course. It will need some repairs and the fan was
noisy, at first, when I tested it a couple of months ago. I learned, from the
good old spitlist, it needs a late type spoiler to function properly.

I bought a late type spoiler, ebay, and gave more than most spoilers bring,
because I thought I absolutely required it. It was delivered today and is
scuffed and has two small dents. What bothers me is, the ends, which screw to
the facia, are riveted to the spoiler. The inner rivets look like they pulled
out or were not done properly. There are three rivets each side. The outer two
are tight, no gap. The inner ones have a gap. Nothing is loose, but the rivets
are expanded between the two pieces.

Should I return this spoiler? Can the rivets be replaced? Who has some
experience with late spoilers? Is a gap required?

Larry