Re: Elise

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Elise
From: Mark.Green@communityhospital.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:40:07 -0400
And that folks is the reason we keep doing what we are doing - because it
would
be fun trying!! I don't really care if I could ever get a Spit to be
reasonably close to an Elise,
but the shear joy (madness?) of trying to improve, improve and improve is
worth the adventure and challenge.

Mark

             "Gosling, Richard
             B"
             <Richard.Gosling@                                          To
             atkinsglobal.com>         Mark Green/TCH@LN,
                                       spitfires@autox.team.net
             07/23/2004 10:20                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Elise

Mark,

I appreciate your thoughts on the Elise.  It may be new to America, but
here
in Europe we have been enjoying it for about 8 or 9 years now, and it's on
its second incarnation - it came out back in the days when I used to work
at
Lotus (although I never got involved in the Elise project, sadly).  Since
its release it has been the yardstick against which all other cars are
measured (and generally fail) in terms of handling.  The chassis and
suspension guys at Lotus are absolute genius', and what's more they turn up
for work each morning as much for the love of the cars they are working on
as for the salary - I should know, I used to work with them!

Frankly, even if you could get a Spitfire to be as powerful (with
appropriate engine transplant), and about as light, it could never keep up
with an Elise.  On the straight its mid-engine helps it get the power down
onto the road better, and when it comes to the twisty stuff, a Spitfire
would be in the hedge at the speeds an Elise could take them.  But it would
be fun trying!!

Richard Gosling

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.
If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing
stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.