RE: possible engine swap topic??

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: possible engine swap topic??
From: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 05:21:47 -0700
We're talking about this car, right?

http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Shores/5498/fox.html
http://wj2d.100megsdns.com/vwfox.html
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6060&i
tem=2482722518&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Diesel option or not, the 1987-1993 VW Fox (made in Brazil) is FWD. The
engine is mounted longitudinally, with a transaxle mounted behind
driving the front wheels. I owned one. I replaced the rear shocks on it
myself. Trust me, there's no drive axle back there! :)

Now, IF there's a RWD gearbox that'll mate up to the Fox Diesel, then it
can be used in a swap! :) Or, maybe use the Isuzu diesel out of an early
80's Chevette. It's small and definitely RWD!

-=Chris