possible engine swap topic??

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: possible engine swap topic??
From: george.r.parker@att.net
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:01:58 +0000
Well, since everyone's been talking about gas prices in the past few digests, I
thought I'd share my latest engine swap *wish*.  See, tired of the high cost of
gas, I traded the ol' SUV for a VW Jetta diesel.  Now if only I could get that
engine in a rwd configuration for my Spit (yes, I hear you all cringing as I
type...), it would not only be a rocket (100hp) and stump puller (177 ft lb
torque!!), but would get over 40mpg (I've never gotten over 25 or 26 in that
car).  But I do wonder how many rear ends all that torque would tear out of the
car.....

But the rear end issue aside, how cool would *that* be??

Let the flames begin....   :-)

George P.