Re: possible engine swap topic??

To: george.r.parker@att.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: possible engine swap topic??
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:30:56 EDT
In a message dated 6/21/2004 3:03:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
george.r.parker@att.net writes:

I traded  the ol' SUV for a VW Jetta diesel.  Now if only I could get that
engine  in a rwd configuration for my Spit (yes, I hear you all cringing as I
type...), it would not only be a rocket (100hp) and stump puller (177 ft lb
torque!!), but would get over 40mpg (I've never gotten over 25 or 26 in that
car).  But I do wonder how many rear ends all that torque would tear out  of
the
car.....

But the rear end issue aside, how cool would *that*  be??

=====

Well, let's see now...the Standard Vanguard had a diesel option...and the
TR2/3 was based largely on Vanguard mechanicals....so how 'bout a TR3D(iesel)?
:-)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a  jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your,  er,
Triumph Herald engine with wings.
-- Cut-price  Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)