Re: 4 point harnesses

To: <Tburke4@aol.com>, <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 4 point harnesses
From: "Livia Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 11:05:59 -0400
Hi all,
one comment to add to this discussion reg. the mounting of the roll bar
which, of course, has to have good height to be of any benefit.
We mounted our roll bar to the floor and also to the wheel housing. It's
questionable how much securety/safety it'll actually provide in a serious
accident. However, having the set up we do, will certainly be better than
none at all. Fabricating our own roll bar gave us the option designing it to
our own specifications. With the bar in place, we had to be able to still
use the soft top and space was very limited.
Cheers
Liv

<<<<<
Our plan is to secure the rollbar mounting points by
through-bolting into plates on the underside that match the size of the
interior mounting plates. If I can figure a way to attach to the chassis,
we'll do that, too.
<<<<<<