Removing Bell Housing and Tranny from Engine

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Removing Bell Housing and Tranny from Engine
From: "Mike Chmura" <m.chmura@umassp.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:23:52 -0400
Hello Listers,

Many thanks to all who responded to my O/D wiring questions.  I think I
got it straight.  Having never taken one of these puppy's off before I
had some questions about what happens when you take the last few bolts
off the engine to bell housing connection.

- Does the bell housing and tranny immediately fall and needs to be
supported underneath?
- I've got the engine supported on a scissors jack with a block of wood
but was wondering if the same had to be done for the tranny?
- Any special tricks to handling the removal or re-assembly process that
the manual doesn't mention?

Thx in advance to all who will respond.
mike chmura