Re: UK Shows - Spitfire Tarmacrobatics Team

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: UK Shows - Spitfire Tarmacrobatics Team
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:55:00 +0100
On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, at around 19:19:22 local time, James Carruthers
<j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk> wrote:
>Mike,
>

>How about forming the first ever (and quite possibly the last) Spitfire
>Tarmacrobatic Team? huh? huh? huh?

Well, possibly...

>Drive pasts in various death defying formations (we can make up the names
>- the trunnion split - the coil crossover - the caliper roll - you get the
>idea - give the commentator something to talk about) - all whilst cheesily
>waving at the crowd...

Sounds good.

>Driving goggles are a must - as is the silk scarf...

Driving goggles?   Where the hell do you get driving goggles these days?

>Make up some numbers to stick on the side of the car...

Not numbers - squadron ID letters and RAF roundels!

>It could be hilarious...

It could.

>Perhaps a group of us could suggest this to him... lol...
>
>It's Friday, hurrah...

Thank Crunchie!

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671