UK Shows

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: UK Shows
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:34:54 +0100 (BST)
First up, TSSC SEM meet at Leatherhead 10-11th May - anyone going?

Next up, there will be a show at Newark Air Museum (Peterborough)-
"Tribute to the Spitfire" - the Rolls-Royce powered one.

It's over a weekend of the 17th and 18th May. The organiser was interested
if any Triumph drivers would be interested in attending. I don't think any
clubs have any plans for this.

Easiest for me to paste what was sent to the NASS list:

> >I just received an email from a Trustee of the Newark Air Museum (in
> >Eastern Nottinghamshire). He is heading up  the event "Tribute to the
> >Spitfire" (the aircraft) designed to honor the legendary World War 2
> >fighter. He asked me if I could help get the word out to owners of
> >Spitfires (the car) of their event taking place Sat. 17th & Sun. 18th
> >May 2003 and asking if they might like to participate or display
> >their vehicles at the event.  It will feature pictures, models,
> >former pilots and flypasts by a Spitfire on both days and he thought
> >the inclusion of what he calls our "very famous make of car" would be
> >wonderful addition to the festivities!
> >
> >He says they could easily accommodate 50 cars on the main site, and
> >up to 100 on the new South Field Site. As an added incentive,
> >discounted entry fees will be offered.
> >
> >He says they can arrange for photo opportunities with our other
> >aircraft and will do their best to do the same with the Spitfire.
> >
> >Contact info:
> >Howard Heeley
> >heeley_h@lineone.net
> >Tel: 0115 920 1536
> >http:www.newarkairmuseum.co.uk

So, a possible photo opportunity? Certainly sounds interesting. If I can
get to a Spit up close I'd be over the moon. I think I might go, even if
there isn't - being a bit of an WW2 figher nut myself. An opportunity to
see the Spitfire fly is always good. Nothing else sounds as good as a
Merlin fly past...

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit