Needles - working range WAS: Velocity stacks

To: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Subject: Needles - working range WAS: Velocity stacks
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:20:46 +0100 (BST)
Nolan,

I got the stacks this morning - they are not funnel like. Really they are
just extensions to the throat of the carb - the inside part of the "tube"
has a curved lip. A bit like this:

  |\                 /|

Except the slashes are curved.

Anyway, we can only but see what difference they make.

To the needles question: what is the operating range of a needle...? ie...
will the AAQ needles be ok with the carb running richer with the stacks
(assuming they make a difference)? or will I need to actually get another
set of richer needles?

James