RE: 1978 Spitfire O/D and Drive Shaft Question

To: "'Mike Chmura'" <m.chmura@umassp.edu>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 1978 Spitfire O/D and Drive Shaft Question
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:03:07 -0000
Mike,

The O/D shaft is a little shorter (not sure exactly how much).

I wouldn't have thought the difference in diamters is any issue, although I
have not ever heard anyone mention diameter differences between driveshafts
before.

The reverse light switch wires - I would have thought that the wires should
connect to the same colours, not be connected the other way round.  However,
the switch is literally just a switch that is open or closed, so it really
doesn't matter which way round you wire it, it will work just fine either
way.

Richard & Daffy

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the
sender
urgently and dispose of this email