Re: The goldarndest thing!

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The goldarndest thing!
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 18:35:08 -0500
It looks like the ball bearing that holds the stub axle in the differential
disintegrated.  That bearing takes all the outward thrust loads.
In theory, you can replace the bearing without taking the entire differential
apart, but there is probably a significant amount of shrapnel inside the
differential housing, so it will have to be cleaned out.

Definitely scary!  I guess you have to start fixing it by removing the
differential :-(

Good Luck,

Doug Braun