Re: Two things...

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Two things...
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:40:11 -0000
----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com>

> 1. No joy from the horn.  Horn brush checked out, horn push does in fact have
> continuity all the way to the relay.  Checked it with my volt meter.  Relay is
> getting steady 12v from fuse #3, no trouble there.

The usual failure mode is lack of grounding through the steering column. There
should be a strap across the fixing bolts on either side of the bottom column
joint, plus another strap between the steering rack and it's mounting, usually
fixed at the grease fitting for the rack,
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics