RE: Core plugs

To: <robert.dambrauskas@kodak.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Core plugs
From: "Craig Smith" <csmith1@awcwire.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:18:15 -0500
Freeze plugs are removed easily with a hammer and a flat blade screwdriver
Just punch a hole and pry out.
The correct way to install is with an installation tool.
The kit has different size ends that are put on a handle that looks like a
punch and they are driven in with a hammer.
I installed mine using a tool borrowed from a buddy. Some of the major
autoparts suppliers have loan a tool programs where you may get one.
I also used some High temp silicone just as an added bit of security.