Re: couple nagging 1500 questions.....

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: couple nagging 1500 questions.....
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:01:22 -0600
I see others have answered at least some of the questions, but I am
going to throw in my 2 cents worth.

2.  Probably the float, but check the sender as Alan Lemen suggested.
Especially if the temp gauge seems right.
3.  I haven't done the trim on a Spitfire, it wasn't hard on a TR250.
However, be aware that after you replace it, you will probably have a
gap within a year or two as the plastic trim shrinks.  So make it as
longa as possible and possiblw get an extra clip or two to put on when
the gap starts showing.
4. My cover is hinged at the top.

Roger Elliott