Re: New lister, quick question...

To: Leon <markiiibuy@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: New lister, quick question...
From: Robert.Haigney@anixter.com
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:09:42 -0800
It's in Northern California, not sure on all the spare parts, I know it has
a removable hard top, and the known problems are a small leak by the water
pump, and it is running too rich, the current owner thinks it's because of
the electronic fuel pump the previous owner added.
Yes it does need a smog, so did California, and I believe it passed smog a
little over a year ago, our roads don't use salt so I take it that's a
bonus, it's been kept garaged during the winter for the last two years and
resided in Tahoe before that, there are a couple of light rust spots on the
body work, not sure where yet.  The owner says the floors are solid, and
there are no rusty spots on the underside.

I've had MG's before so I know a little about British cars, but this'll be
my first Triumph, I've obviously heard all the bad remarks about TR7's, but
a red spitfire sounded like a nice challenge, and a running one at that.
With the space for a car going begging in the garage, and a little extra
money in the bank, I thought it may be worth the small amount the guy is
asking to give this little car a new home.

Robert.

|         |           Leon               |
|         |           <markiiibuy@yahoo.c|
|         |           om>                |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           spitfires-owner@aut|
|         |           ox.team.net        |
|         |           01/31/2003 12:46 PM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           Leon               |

  |        To:      spitfires@autox.team.net
                                 |
  |        cc:
                                 |
  |        Subject: Re: New lister, quick question...

Robert,
Where is it? One of us might look at it with you.  And we might not even
try to outbid you.
If you have a a parts catalogue take it with you. You can start checking
off the dollar signs as you go.  Do you live in a place where it has to
pass SMOG inspections?
If so, check the emissions systems well.
What extra parts come with it??? Every Triumph owner should have a stash.
Front valances should be checked with a magnet. As should the sills/rocker
panels.
Leon