Re: New lister, quick question...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New lister, quick question...
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:58:37 +0000
On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, at around 12:46:11 local time, Leon
<markiiibuy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Robert,
>Where is it? One of us might look at it with you.  And we might not
>even try to outbid you.

I'm broke, so if it is anywhere near Bedford, UK, I'd be happy to come
along and do my best sneering act for the benefit of the seller...

>If you have a a parts catalogue take it with you. You can start
>checking off the dollar signs as you go.  Do you live in a place where
>it has to pass SMOG inspections?
>If so, check the emissions systems well.
>What extra parts come with it??? Every Triumph owner should have a stash.
>Front valances should be checked with a magnet.

Replacement fibre-glass front valances are very common, and should not
put you off buying the car (unless you intend to enter concours
competitions with it).

> As should the sills/rocker panels.

Fibre-glass sills, on the other hand....

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671