Re: Hardware for hardtop

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hardware for hardtop
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 18:32:34 -0500
You definitely need the two spacer sleeves that go over the front bolts.  I
made some from
a bit of threaded pipe meant for fixing lamps, and a couple of thin nuts
soldered on the ends.
Unfortunately I installed my hardtop for the winter season a couple of days ago,
so I can't measure them for you...

You can leave off the side tie-down bars, but the top will flex and rattle a
bit.
I was lucky; I got a set with my hardtop.

Doug Braun