alternative wheels (continuation)

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: alternative wheels (continuation)
From: Tim Dafforn <tim.dafforn@man.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 10:59:32 +0100
Well I have done a bit of digging (using the net) and thisis what I have
discovered.
Firstly, according to a book I have on the '60 version of the Lotus
Elan, the front suspension assembly was Triumph derived, but the hubs
have five wheel studs, so to use these wheel you need a set of hubs as
well (These wheels are well cool with a mock knockoff spinner in chrome
in the middle!)
If we take 98 mm to be the metric equivalent of 3 3/4"
Then:
Alfa 145, 146, 155, 154 (all 35,38 offset, except spiderwhich is 30)
FIAT PANDA, UNO, PUNTO, TIPO, BRAVO, TEMPRA (all 35,38 offset)
LANCIA DELTA, THEMA, DEDRA, (all 18, 30 offset)
Seat Ibiza, Malaga (all 35, 38 offset)
May all fit unless the offset is wrong.
Hope this is off interest
Will keep digging