Re: alternative wheels (continuation)

To: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>,
Subject: Re: alternative wheels (continuation)
From: Tim Dafforn <tim.dafforn@man.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 13:01:02 +0100
Hi Mitchell,
I bow to yuor advice on 98 mm NOT being 3 3/4.
I went out to the garage last night to check my spit, and sure enough 95 mm
Unfortunately the mail was dispatched last night!!
Doh!
As to the Elan, I was going on the pickies in the book, which for obvious
reasons don't focus on the wheels, instead concentrate on the "Ageless
beauty of the Chapman master peice" Not bad I suppose but not as pretty as a
spit!
There did seem to be 5, what look like, wheel nuts, although I am probably
wrong.
Which also means that the spinners where real. Still, nice wheels!
So would the splines for the knock-offs fit the spit hubs?
Sorry for the crap info!
Cheers
Tim

--