Re: Compressor size

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Compressor size
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 19:45:15 -0400
At 07:23 PM 6/4/02 EDT, BrYarboro@aol.com wrote:

>Hi fellow Spitophiles;
>I'm in the market for an air compressor. Sears has a good sale for a 33
>gallon, 150 PSI, 120 volt, machine, putting out 8.6 SCFM @ 40 PSI, and 6.8 @
>90 PSI.
>My question is will this be adequate for my purposes which are: general tool
>work, ie. rachet, impact wrench; painting the Spit; sandblasting, and etc.

Brian,

  Don't believe it.  You won't get much of a compressor running on 120V.
Don't go anything below a 5hp 30 gal tank.

I'm sending you a draft copy of an article on blasting, etc I've been working
on under seperate cover.  I just have published it yet. It is in PDF format,
and requires you have Adobie Acrobat Reader (which is free).

It deals with compressors because you need on for blasting.

If anyone is interested in the article, email me, and I'll send you a copy.

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org