RE: Spit 1500 running again

To: "'George P.'" <ygpz4re@hotmail.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Spit 1500 running again
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:53:46 +0100
George,

My absolutely standard Spit 1500 just has lines running from the mechanical
fuel pump straight to the carb float chambers - no pressure regulator or
anything.  No fuel leaks or spurts.  I have always assumed that once the
float chambers are full, the needle valves shut them off and a little
pressure builds up in the pipes - with the standard, reasonably feeble pump
this back pressure is enough to prevent the pump pumping any more fuel.

However it works, it does seem to work.  Triumph saw fit to design it that
way and so far I've had no need to change it.

My guess is that your needle valve aren't shutting off fully for some
reason.  I'd start there before investing in new fuel pumps etc.

Richard & Daffy

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email