Perfect Spitfire moment

To: Paul.Meyer@key3media.com, spitlist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Perfect Spitfire moment
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 06:11:20 -0400
  Hi Paul,
Yeah, that's about right!!  Just when ya think everything's fixed.......
   Instead of welding it, why not just cut it off flush at the break and
rethread the post? It will have the advantage of a slightly quicker
shift with a shorter throw. In fact, now that I type this, I'm tempted
to go out to the garage and cut mine in half. At least I'll be able to
change the CD player while in third gear!  Nah, I'll just wait til it
breaks...........
   What part of New England are you in??  We're having a get together
with 3 British car clubs this coming Sunday in Newport.
  Cheers,
Kevin Thompson
Cape Cod British Car Club @
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish
'69 Spitfire (wife's)... unless it's broken.....
'76 TR6 (mine)

- ------- Start of forwarded message -------