RE: rear spring questions

To: "'Aaron Johnson'" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: rear spring questions
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:38:26 +0100
Aaron,

Yes, not having a marking or an arrow seems to be a common problem.  I have
a feeling one side may be supposed to be ground flat, and the other not.  I
also think you are supposed to be able to tell by which way round the bolts
and nuts are, but I can't remember which is supposed to go to the front...

The bottom leaf is supposed to go under the lower plate - the idea is that
this leaf is fixed, giving a some (but not much) roll resistance, while the
remaining springs are truly swing springs.  This is why the upper springs
have a hump on them to go over the pivot tube, but the bottom one doesn't.
Check out http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/spitfire/images/96a.gif for what your
spring assembly should look like.

HTH,

Richard & Daffy

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email