Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] rusted floorpan

To: Nolan <foxtrapper@softhome.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] rusted floorpan
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 21:20:46 -0400
BTW, I once tried using polyester resin and fiberglass cloth to reinforce
the hardboard panel that covers the rear of the gas tank.  The
resin in contact with the hardboard refused to set up!  I
think there is something in the hardboard that inhibits the
chemical reaction that makes the polyester resin harden.
Another reason to avoid the stuff.

Later, I tried the same technique to reinforce a corner
of one of the door trim panels.  This time I was smarter and used
epoxy.  It worked very well.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit