Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] rusted floorpan

To: spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] rusted floorpan
From: Nolan <foxtrapper@softhome.net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 11:10:18 -0400
As a fyi, if you again use the polyester resin, you will probably again
get rust.  The polyester resin doesn't bind terribly well to metal, is
weak and brittle, and it isn't waterproof.  I would recommend using an
epoxy resin, as it binds far better, is very close to being truly
waterproof (this is boat building definitions of waterproof btw), is far
easier to work with, and a whole lot stronger and more flexible (when
properly reinforced).