Re: Radiator question

To: "Livia I. Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>,
Subject: Re: Radiator question
From: Kirk Crawford <kirkbcrawford@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:19:17 -0700
Two things to check.

1. Most likely your radiator is plugged up.  Mine was.  Bring it to a
radiator shop and have it flushed, or just go ahead and have it
re-cored.  They take the fin part out and re-use your top and bottom
tanks.  When they did mine, they removed the two-layer existing
plugged up core and were able to replace it with a three-layer brand
new core.  Since I did that my spitfire has never gotten too hot in
sunny Southern California.

2.  Also double check that your thermostat isn't stuck closed and
that you have the correct temperature thermostat.

--
---
Kirk Crawford AIM:KirkBCraw