Re: Fwd: Car shows- slight rant

To: mporter@zianet.com, DShoop7572@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Car shows- slight rant
From: "L G" <boynigel@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 22:24:09 +0000
Yes, it bothers me-I have complained about it, I have written about it. And
nothing. Or, I get the classic response "But I drive my car!"-not 10k miles
a year or more! More like 500- 100 miles a year and the reast of the time
it's locked up, pampered and polished.

I judge at the Huntington Beach Conours for the last 3 years and last year
decided to enter my car in the "street driven" catagory-in which I came in
4th-and you know why? The Engine compartment wasn't CLEAN enough! I
said-hey, it's a DAILY driver! Not a WEEKEND, let's go to the show driver-a
DAILY driver-STREET driven!

My British car club friends are rather upset with me as I'm not planning on
doing the whole round of none-sense this year. I'm tired of the show and
shine-I want to DRIVE my car. And because my car is a DAILY driver and my
ONLY car, I'm tired of being penalized because of it, in favour of people
who have many more cars than I, and a lot more money to spend. My car is
really a good looking car-ranks in gold at Triumphest and the like, but I've
made my feelings known to organizers and to the clubs-so I'm now "voting
with my feet"-I'm not doing the rounds of shows and such-at $20-$25 a
show-plus gas (not to mention energy)-I'd rather put that gas in the car and
have a good DRIVE!

Laura G.