Re: Scare of a lifetime

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Scare of a lifetime
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 23:21:47 +0100
In article <F227OZpwTJds2Zb7VQS00011d9c@hotmail.com>, L G
<boynigel@hotmail.com> writes
>>Must be the weekend for lucky Triumph owners.  I got my leg caught in
>>the rototiller, and get to keep it!  Nurses wanted me to pick the
>>numbers for lottery tickets, since I'd gotten so lucky. :)
>
>Congratulations!
>
>However, I wouldn't say it's been a lucky week for all Triumph owners-
>
>I think I got dumped (I'm giving him space),

:-(

He must be mad.

> I had to change the altenator
>on the car (after having it towed twice, including at 2 am from the middle
>of no where fri/sat),

:-((

Not sacrificing enough chickens to Lucas, the Prince of Darkness, I
suspect.

> found out I'm not getting paid for some free lance
>work until later in the year-but before the end of the year (in other
>words-God knows when),

I finally got paid for a piece I submitted in May last year (published
in August) a few days ago.   Getting paid in the same year in which you
did the work sounds pretty good to me!

> and whilst trying to get Nigel up on jack stands (to
>examine his rear end which has been making unpleasent noises), had a jack
>slip out from under the car.

:-(((

No damage to either of you, I hope?

>At this point, I would have rather been under it!

DON'T SAY THAT!

I mean it.   I have lost too many friends and relatives recently to want
to lose another.

>I'm staying away from booze and games of chance, this long, boring, lonely
>weekend coming up!

So, just the cocaine and the Stock Exchange for you, eh?   Good luck!
Pierce a vein for me...

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"