RE: Brake shoe orientation

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Kevin Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Brake shoe orientation
From: <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 15:14:18 -0700
Should be the same as in my 76. I don't have picture but the ones in the Haynes
and Bently are correct if you have them. They should be the same orientation if
you go in a circular fashon I believe. I'll double check when I get home. I can
always scan the picture if you'd like.

In fact I had the drums off checking and adjusting the brakes at the rear at
the weekend, but never looked at that. Big difference in teh travel when you
adjust them right. I had forgotten to adjust them after they had bedded in
since I fitted new shoes when I rebuilt the complete system.

Alan