Re: Brake shoe orientation

To: john@triumphspitfire.com
Subject: Re: Brake shoe orientation
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 21:51:02 -0400 (EDT)
Hi, John.

The adjuster does turn in 90-deg increments, and each increment
spreads the shoes a little more.  The gubbins inside consist of a
pyramidal end on a screw thread.  As the screw advances, the shoes are
moved further out.  But each 90-deg increment includes a large outward
movement, followed by the next stable position of the screw.  Did that
make sense?

Dunno about the bracket question.

Donald.