Re: HS2's

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HS2's
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 16:30:26 -0700 (PDT)
I don't have my Haynes weber manual, but there used to
be a chart in the back of it with all of the cars that
used a particular carb type (with varied needle,
spring and jet configs of course).
If memory serves, pre-1971 MGB's, (19??) Austin
Healy's and (19??)Datsun 240Z's (and maybe some
others) used HS4's of various AUD serial #'s.
SU HIF4's (1.5") also fit the European dual carb
intake manifold for Spitfires and Midgets. The main
thing is getting the Euro intake manifold and
linkages. (To fit the HIF4's, you need to use a saw or
dremel cut-off to trim the linkage down a bit
1/8"-1/4" as the HIF4's are bigger in girth and thus
sit tighter together than HS4s).

-Terry
'76 Spitfire w/dual HIF4's
Are there any other cars (like maybe the renault "Le
Car") that is
likely
to be plentiful in the junk yards that used HS4's like
the Spitfire??
I would love to get rid of that Stromberg.

bill
http://health.yahoo.com