Is this a problem?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Is this a problem?
From: "Mike Chambers" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:55:13 -0600
While my engine is out and I'm waiting on the oversize thrust bearings, I
decided to retorque the head and adjust the valve lash.  All goes well until
the rear bolt on the manifold side.  I put the torque wrench on it and was
surprised to feel little to no resistance, it just spun.  The nut was
completely stripped out, but the threads on the stud looked like it was not
damaged. I had another head nut, which spun down the stud with no problem,
and it torqued fine to 45 ft lbs.  All I can figure is its been stripped
since I replaced the head gasket a couple of years ago.  Anyone think this
will cause a problem for the head gasket?
MikeC