Continuing saga of Klunk over bumps

To: "Spitfires" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Continuing saga of Klunk over bumps
From: "Greg Schluge" <gschluge@cstone.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 22:56:31 -0400
I have had a loud clunk on the driver's rear for a while now on my 76 spit.  I
pulled the diff out last weekend to fix some leaks, checked the shocks, ok,
spring was a mess, rebult the spring completely, checked bushings, all ok.
Put it back together and I still have a clunking noise in the rear driver
area.  The wheel leans out on this side too.  Very noticably.  I notice that I
can make the klunk happen when I apply power up a hill slowly out my driveway.
It also klunks over bumps at low speed.  It is ok on the open road.  It really
sounds like something loose under there but I can't seem to find it.!!??  Any
clue's?