Re: SU Carbs

To: jtones@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: SU Carbs
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 00:47:00 -0400 (EDT)
Hi, John.

The one thing to note about the '69 carbs is that the vacuum advance
is "ported" (may be so on other models, but that is the only year I am
familiar with.)  At idle, there is no vacuum advance (the hole from
the connector tube into the carb body is upstream of the throttle
blade edge;) as the throttle is opened, the vacuum is applied, and
somewhere about 10% throttle (from memory) the vacuum of the manifold
is totally applied to the distributor's vacuum servo.

HTH,
Donald.
(feel free to email me for more info if this is insufficient.)