Re: Help with slipping O/D

To: M Klish <mwk_gjco@hotmail.com>, nass@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: Help with slipping O/D
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 07:06:01 -0800 (PST)
Are you say that it slips when the OD is engaged in 1st and 2nd?  The
overdrive should not work in 1st and 2nd (and reverse), there should be
an inhibitor switch to stop this.

You should use a GL4 spec oil in the gearbox.  GL5 oils have additives in
them that can eat away at some of the components (copper washers I
think).  I'm not sure what spec Mobil synthetic is, but I use castrol
EP90 GL4 oil.

cheers
John

http://taxes.yahoo.com/