Re: My Head is stuck

To: HigginsTJ@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My Head is stuck
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 23:54:30 -0500
1:  The "rope in the spark plug hole trick".

Take out one of the center plugs and feed a foot or two of clothesline into
the cylinder.  Crank the engine so that the piston compresses the rope
against the head.  You probably need to experiment to find the optimum amount
of rope.

2: The "loosen the head nuts a turn or two and drive around for a while" trick.

This is self-explanatory.

Whatever you do, when you reassemble it coat the studs with a thin layer
of anti-seize grease, and take it easy with the sealant on the new gasket.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit