Re: Door Handles and Brake Lights x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>,
Subject: Re: Door Handles and Brake Lights x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 08:34:36 -0800 (PST)
James,

Things only breaking in 2s? Consider yourself lucky!

As for the door handle, exact same thing happened to me.  A little
plastic clip thing had broken and disengaged the lever from the locking
mechanism - part number 937609 in rimmers catalogue (page 151).  I'd put
money on it being this part that has failed.  I don't imagine that
they'll be too expensive.

Repairing the part isn't difficult either, this was the first job I did
on my spit in days when only small, unimportant and cheap bits broken as
opposed to now when large, important and expensive bits seem to break
with increasingly annoying regularity...

The most annoying bit about taking the interior trim off is getting the
dowel out of the window winder and even more annoying getting it back in
again afterwards.  Removing the actual trim is a doddle.

As for the lights - not sure on that one...

cheers
John
http://www.spit1500.co.uk/

http://sports.yahoo.com/