Re: Door Handles and Brake Lights x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Door Handles and Brake Lights x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:11:35 -0700
James, the switch should have a spring in it. The "cylinder" is
normally  is pushed into the "box" by the pedal. Pushed in the lights
should be off, as soon as it starts to move out they should come on.
According to the wiring diagrams at
http://www.triumphspitfire.com/wiring.html the two green wires go to one
connector and a green/purple wire to the other. I looked at 76 and 76
wiring diagrams - same colors. When I got my car the "box" had
disintegrated leaving dangling wires like you with nowhere to put them
on. Probably need a new switch. Should only be a couple of bucks(oops I
meant quid).

Alan