RE: rust removal / rust prevention

To: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>,
Subject: RE: rust removal / rust prevention
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:06:22 -0000
Well, my interest was peaked, so I had a quick trawl around the internet for
suppliers of these devices.

I found 3 in a quick look, that all worked slightly differently.  The most
convincing device (using 'Capacitive Coupling'), I reckon, was
http://www.erps.com.au/index_erps.html.  The downside was that they didn't
say on the website how much the device cost, plus they were in Australia.

Then there was http://www.ukmd.co.uk/Rust_Stop/.  Theirs sounded the second
best unit (using 'impressed current' AND 'sacrificial anodes'), plus they
are in the UK.  The device was #79.00  It's my birthday on Sunday, so I may
wait and see if anyone gives me any cash - if they do I might spend it on
this!

There was also http://www.importexporthelp.com/electroshield.htm.  They are
in the States, but their device used just 'impressed current'.  Naturally,
Rust Stop said that anyone who only used 'impressed current' would not work
properly, while theirs (using that and 'sacrifical anodes') did!  The US
device was also more expensive (even ignoring extra shipping costs etc.), at
$147.00.

If anyone else gives one of these things a try, let us know!  Of course,
without doing a back-to-back test it's hard to be sure that they have
achieved anything at all, even after some time, but subjective opinions are
always, at the least, entertaining!

Richard & Daffy

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email