RE: rust removal / rust prevention

To: "'Bob Greene'" <rgreene@whoi.edu>,
Subject: RE: rust removal / rust prevention
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:59:03 -0000
Bob,

Without wanting to dampen your enthusiasm, I'd just like to ask:

Was the 1993 Isuzu Trooper galvanised?

Many (most?) modern cars are galvanised and will not rust, with or without
electronic corrosion protection.  My wife's '88 Audi 100 Quattro is a case
in point - 14 years of British weather and not a rust spot to be seen.  If
you can tell me that the Trooper has evaded rust without the benefit of
galvanisation, I will be a lot closer to being convinced.  As it is, this is
no better proof than those who claim fuel catalysts (against whom I ranted
earlier!) prevent valve seat recession, when it is really the lead memory
effect.

Richard (the born sceptic) & Daffy

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email