Re: Saskia's back!

To: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>,
Subject: Re: Saskia's back!
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 04:51:38 -0800 (PST)
> Have you converted to halogens? Mine aren't too bad - they don't come
> up to
> scratch compared to modern lights - but still much better than my old
> college
> tutors spit without them.

I was thinking about the halogen conversion as it is fairly cheap.
Anyone know if the conversion is hard or do or not?  I don't drive at
night on dimly lit roads that often so this may end up being one of those
jobs that never quite gets done...

> > Back to the new engine thing again, one oddity that I did notice was
> that
> > when the engines speed hits 3000rpm in any gear or stationary, the
> > exhaust note suddenly turns in to a very 'raspy' and louder note.  It
> > never did this before.  My question is, what could be making this
> noise?
> > My first thought would be that it is nothing to do with the engine,
> but
> > something to do with the exhaust.
>
> Mine does this. Its a right pain when you're crusing at exactly
> 3000rpm. My
> bonnet vibrates like crazy - although Ive just this very minute
> finished an
> order from the fabulous TRGB (they really are great) for the seal that
> should
> stop this.
>
> It goes away after about 3200 rpm however...

I'll try taking it above 3200 and see if it goes away tonight...

cheers
John