Re: Mallory unilite distributor

To: "Huw Upshall" <hupshall@triumphcars.com>
Subject: Re: Mallory unilite distributor
From: "Michael T. Altomare" <MTAltomare@Prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:28:49 -0500
I put an electronic Mallory distributor on my '77 Spitfire 1500 and it
is great.  The sources for Mallory distributors are Century
Performance
(www.centuryperformance.com and 775-746-4887) and Summit Racing
(www.summitracing.com and 1-800-230-3030).  I have bought Mallory
parts at both places as they were recommended by the Mallory tech
support  person when I called the factory in Nevada.  The distributor
with a vacuum advance unit for the Spitfire is the Mallory Unilite
Distributor (P/N MAA-4732001) and Mallory Resistor (P/N MAA-700).
There is also a distributor
without the vacuum advance unit, but Mallory was out-of-stock when I
bought mine.  I simply plug the vacuum advance unit as it is not
needed for the Spitfire's engine.  I also ordered the Distributor
Driving Dog (P/N 0-874) from Victoria British (1-800-255-0088).

Michael Altomare