RE: Miata Seat Install

To: "'Robert J Finnis'" <r.finnis@eim.surrey.ac.uk>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Miata Seat Install
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:03:44 -0000
I went through this a couple of months ago, since my wife promised me new
seats for Daffy for Christmas.

I called a lot of scrappies (15-20) and found 4 with some MX5 seats - not
many cars are old enough to go to scrap, but a fair few still get wrecked in
accidents.

I was offered prices of #50, #100, #150 and #250, all for standard seats,
cloth covered, without head-rest speakers (some imports have those, which
would have been great!).  All sounded in reasonable condition, so I went for
the cheapest!

I found all these scrappies on the web, many have web-sites or at least
e-mail addresses.  There was one site (lost the address now) which was a
directory of scrappies.  They were all over the country - the ones I
eventually bought came from Essex I think, and they charged about #25 to
deliver them to me in Aberdeen.

Just spend some time on the web and on the 'phone, and you will find several
pairs.  Don't pay too much!  My #50 ones may have been a bargain you won't
find every day, but I wouldn't pay more than #100 (plus VAT, plus delivery)
based on the searching I did.  If they ask for more I would try haggling for
a while, these places are usually negotiable.

BTW, I didn't find any leather ones anywhere I called.  Now that would have
been nice...

Richard and Daffy (still waiting for her seat transplant)
Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email