Re: Was Soft-Top Retainer - now luggage rack

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Was Soft-Top Retainer - now luggage rack
From: Ben Miller <no1-bronco-fan@home.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:12:57 -0800
I can speak from experience here. No I didn't buy the car new (I was 10) but I
have the original window sticker for my Spit. The dealer added the luggage rack
and it is exactly as you describe. It's the only real rust on my car! :-(  I
plan
to replace the screws with countersunk machine screws with nuts and rubber
washers once I get the bootlid stripped an re-painted.

Ben Miller
--
'79 Spit - "Bitsy"
Corvallis, Or.