Re: Stainless Exhaust's in US

To: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Stainless Exhaust's in US
From: Bob Sykes <stan.part@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:54:13 -0500
The stainless muffler (silencer) I bought some time ago from
Rimmers would not fit between the frame rails on my '78 US model.
Pity, as the dual chrome pipes do look (and probably sound)
wonderful.  I sold it (to another Spit-lister) quite cheap ISTR.

It was not only too wide, but the inlet pipe position was moved
to the side enough to also be incompatible with the chassis
extensions.  You can see what I'm talking about at:

http://home.att.net/~mail.box/exhaust.htm

Removing the "extra bumper bracing" is no trivial matter.  It's not
the bolt-on extensions that are the problem.   The welded on I-beam
sections would have to be cut off.

--
LBC'ing U,
Bob (& Spitfires)