Stainless Exhaust's in US

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Stainless Exhaust's in US
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:13:14 -0500
I asked this as part of a previous posting, but I want to expand a bit.

Anyone have opinions on the stainless steel exhaust systems that Moss and
VB sell? VB sells the "Falcon" brand which I have read good things about in
the English car mags. Moss does not specify. Moss is about 20% cheaper
through a reseller, though list price is the same on both. Anyone know if
they are the same single muffler config as stock, or the dual muffler style
that seems prevalent in England for stainless exhausts? I don't really
care, as long as it fits properly and does not require re-engineering to
mount up. Spitbits carries the dual style, but at $325 it is a bit rich for
my blood...

Also, what is the difference between 71-72, 73-74, 75-76? Moss only lists
73-74, but VB lists all of them separately. Is it the width of the muffler,
due to the extra bracing in the later cars? Or did the centerpipe change as
well?

My car is a 69 1296 in 77 chassis, but with the extra bumper bracing
removed. So I would think that the 73-74 system should work OK, but I want
to be sure before I pay for shipping.

Thanks
Kevin Rhodes
Freddy the mongrel Spit