Spit Pics

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Spit Pics
From: "Mike Chambers" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 23:06:10 -0600
I just downloaded a few pictures of my 64 Spitfire with the new paint job.
There are a few before and after pics. After getting prices for a paint job
ranging from $3000 to $7200 I decided to try it myself.  I went with Triumph
Racing Green.  The bonnet is a new one from Spitbits.  Unfortunatly it is
for a Mk3.  I like the mk3 grill but not the rectangular turn signals. I
like the bumperless look and decided to clean up the rear a bit.  I removed
the license light and rear signals and converted them into the main lights
and removed all the words and emblems except for the Spitfire4. Overall, I'm
very pleased with the results and saved at least $2000, including a new
compressor and spray gun (which I would not have if I paid someone to do
it).   I'd recommend anyone try it if you have the time to spend and
patience. Picture can be seen at http://mikech.home.sprynet.com/  .  Picture
are a bit fuzzy because of the cheap camera.
Anyone have any ideas for small chrome bumperetts to cover the front hinges?
MikeC