Re: TTN Team Membership Drive Underway

To: <spitster@totallytriumph.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: TTN Team Membership Drive Underway
From: "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 12:16:43 -0700
>Question tho.  Have you searched into some of the free web-sites
>available?  My kids have several, and they pay nothing for them.
>
>Brad

Brad's right-there are several places to get a free or relitively
inexpensive web site. I pay $40 a year for hosting, templates
(because I am an HTML inbecile), domain name...and they do host
online soping types of websites too-all the tools to help you set
it up (if you're an HTML imbecile like me, but I know that you're
not!)

My 2 cents,

Laura G.

http://www.rallyegirl.com

writes:
>> Dear Totally Triumph Network Member,
>>
>> I'm extremely reluctant to be doing this, but after a full year

and
>> two months of subsidizing the TTN wholly out of my own personal
>> funds, with no signs of support whatsoever from vendors who

sell
>> Triumph parts, I am considering enabing a VOLUNTARY membership

fee
>> to help keep the TTN going and enable further expansion.  When

>> began this site for our friendly, flame-free, on-topic,

illustrated
>> and organized Triumph discussions, I envisioned it being

supported
>> by the vendors who make their living selling Triumph related

items
>> to us via very affordable banner advertising.  At least, that

was
>> the plan.  I was certain that it would be viable, but the

vendors
>> quite frankly, have truly disappointed me.
>>
>> The last thing I want to do is beg for money or look for

handouts.
>> I truly detest that sort of thing.  For me to ask for your

financial
>> support, it has to be a win/win as far as I'm concerned, since

>> fancy myself as never one to ask anyone for anything without
>> offering something of value in return.  In other words, I need

>> feel as though I'm offering you MORE than what I'm asking in

return.

>> So here is my proposal:
>>
>> A $30 annual membership fee (or roughly 8 cents a day), which

would
>> entitle you to the following:
>>
>> 1. An immediate upgrade of your forum status.  You'll receive a

>> special "golden key" icon next to your name on all forum posts
>> (retroactive), denoting your special "TTN Team" membership

status as
>> a very special member and supporter of this site with special
>> restricted access privilidges unavailable to regular members.
>>
>> 2. Full access to restricted forum areas on this site not

available
>> to the general public or regular non-supporting members (still

under
>> development, but the new Theft Prevention & Recovery forum

might be
>> a possible canditate to start with).  If there's enough support

for
>> the idea, I might also begin limiting additional specific

forums and
>> their respective archives to Team Members only, while retaining
>> general forum areas for regular non-supporting member use.
>>
>> 3. FREE, unlimited, private party Photo Classified Ad postings
>> (currenty $1-$5 for sale postings)
>>
>> 4. Special gift certificates and regular prize drawings for TTN

Team
>> members only.
>>
>> So, how would your $2.50 per month membership fee be allocated?
>>
>> 1. Towards the ongoing monthly dedicated server fees and costs

of
>> maintaining the server.
>>
>> 2. Towards the purchase and installation of badly needed

additional
>> hard drive storage and other upgrades for the server so that

the
>> archives and your ability to upload graphics to the site can be
>> maintained indefinitely.  I'll also look to improve server

speed.

>> 3. Towards the purchase and installation of even more

enhancements
>> and fun features to the TTN, expanding the interactivity,

enjoyment
>> and value of the site for all members.
>>
>> 4. Any surplus (if any -- depends on the level of Team member
>> enlistment) would be allocated to a special prize fund for the
>> purchase of goodies to be awarded to TTN Team members ONLY, and

>> pay for the shipping of said prizes.  Again, depending on the

level
>> of participation, this might include everything from books &
>> manuals, shop tools, NOS Triumph parts, etc.
>>
>> I realize that this might be an impossible dream, because the
>> natural inclination is to "let someone else" lend a hand when

it
>> comes to money out of your pocket.  But by uniquely identifying

TTN
>> Team members with a special icon, I'm hoping that those sitting

on
>> the fence will realize that 8 cents a day is a mere pittance

when
>> weighed against the initial (and growing) advantages of Team
>> membership, let alone the use of the TTN in general.
>>
>> So how would you pay?  For your convenience, I can accept

payment
>> directly via Visa or MasterCard via e-mail.  Alternately, you

can
>> mail a check.  I'll even provide a special toll-free telephone
>> number to call with your credit card and mailing address info

if you
>> feel uncomfortable e-mailing it.  I would request that TTN

members
>> residing outside the U.S. to kindly refrain from using the toll

free
>> number, however, since my paying for your overseas call will

greatly
>> offset any financial support of your membership.
>>
>> I'm not asking for any committments today, but be on the

lookout for
>> banners announcing TTN Team Membership on the TTN soon.  I hope

>> can count on your support.  If not, no hard feelings.  I

apologize
>> in advance to anyone who might be offended by this request for
>> support, and humbly thank those generous souls who are already
>> reaching for their wallets.  As I said, this Team membership

drive
>> is voluntary and in my view, a win/win for all concerned.  If

you
>> feel that the quality of information contained on the TTN is

worth 8