Re: HS2 carb conversion questions

To: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: HS2 carb conversion questions
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 08:11:58 -0700
"T. .R. Dafforn" wrote:

> I agree wtih Mike, the HS2s are likely to limit the top end for the engine!
> Cheers
> Tim

They MIGHT if the engine is otherwise built up.  However, I have HS2's on
Huxley's 1500 engine which has flat top pistons and a little richer cam
grind.  I have not noticed any limitations on its top end.   I will however
discourage experimentation with different needles than what was stock for
the Mk3 in order to squeeze additional performance out of the carbs.  I did and
found that all my efforts just reduced the performance.

Joe